Using Google Cloud Vision API with Ibird
why google cloud vision API’s are finding success?
Google cloud vision APIs are finding thrifty in companies of all shapes and sizes, and even within government sectors. It has contributed to the great success of early API providers like Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, and Twitter.
What have significantly contributed to their success?
The capability to recognize objects and detect them in an image can be used in a wide range of applications from identifying obstructions in autonomous vehicles, through classifying product numbers coming off an assembly line. As such, machine vision is assisting to provide embedded systems with a new level of intelligence.
This is the technology which makes it practicable for us to search for photos containing a specific landmark or object. Google Cloud Vision API allows developers to grasp the content of an image by summarize powerful machine learning models in an easy to use REST API. It can easily categorize images into thousands of categories, identify individual objects and faces within images, and finds and reads printed words contained within images.
ADVANTAGES OF GOOGLE CLOUD VISION API
Now a day’s users can store plethora of photos in their devices and cloud. It can solve their challenges and can influence sharing, photo taking and tagging behavior.
- Label/Entity Detection : It has got the ability to detect the dominant object with in an image. it helps you to build a meta data for your image index, it allows new scenarios like image based searches or suggestions
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) : It can read the textual content in an image. Automatic identification of images is an added advantage of google vision cloud API. it supports a wide range of languages.
- Safe Search Detection : If there are any improper images in your content. Google cloud vision API Can detect it. This particular feature helps you to provide a moderate crowd sourced content.
- Facial Detection : It has the ability to detect the facial features like mouth, nose, eyes of a particular image and a likeness of eight natural traits such as sorrow and joy.
- Landmark Detection : It can detect natural and man-made structures, also can identify longitude and latitude of the geography.
- Logo Detection : Google vision API can easily recognize logos of the product with in an image. It easily detect the product brand logo; which is associated with the bounding polybox.
- Discoverability : It can detect your logos when appearing on different plat forms of social media. Cloud vision will detect your logos when it appears on glass bottles or water bottles.
- Multiple Feature Application : various features are applicable to one image. If, suppose we take an image of the car. Google vision API will recognize the brand, colour, text and happy faces inside the car.
GOOGLE CLOUD VISION PRICING
Prices are being subject to the image. For PDF files, each page is treated as an individual image. Price for each feature will be free for the first 1000 units/month. After that charges will be vary according to the feature.